Why become a member? ×

Vox T-25. Any good?

that would be better http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ashdown-Mag250-1x15-Bass-Combo-Amp-250-Watts-500-Watts-Peak-/290641374538?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4794900769262550735#ht_500wt_1219

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that may be rather overkill for my needs. See my 'Voxs, Ampegs or Ashdowns' thread in the amps forum or 'Bass or Amp Where should my money go?' thread in the bass forum. These explain more about my fussy ears, pursuit of oldschool tone and only needing to contend with a quiet guitar at home occasionally.
Really love the looks of this. I was thinking my lottery win starter bass amp would be a Fender Bassman TV10, but having owned an 1964 AC30 (had to sell it after 20 odd years after finally being prepared to admit we wern't able to get THE tone out of it, as we just didn't play loud enough) these really do look good too.
This is probably a risque question to ask on a BassChat forum, but I just read a comment on a forum saying it was also good as a guitar amp to, as good as an AC15. Did you ever try a guitar through yours? Do you know how it would rate against a Pathfinder 10B?
Thanks for the advice about the price too, I thought £120 could be a bit steep. The listing doesn't offer any details about age or condition either, I'm thinking a maximum of £60 (new Pathfinder price) for a mint condition one would be more realistic, would you agree?

[quote name='kristinaelias' timestamp='1323534574' post='1464332']
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that may be rather overkill for my needs. See my 'Voxs, Ampegs or Ashdowns' thread in the amps forum or 'Bass or Amp Where should my money go?' thread in the bass forum. These explain more about my fussy ears, pursuit of oldschool tone and only needing to contend with a quiet guitar at home occasionally.
Really love the looks of this. I was thinking my lottery win starter bass amp would be a Fender Bassman TV10, but having owned an 1964 AC30 (had to sell it after 20 odd years after finally being prepared to admit we wern't able to get THE tone out of it, as we just didn't play loud enough) these really do look good too.
This is probably a risque question to ask on a BassChat forum, but I just read a comment on a forum saying it was also good as a guitar amp to, as good as an AC15. Did you ever try a guitar through yours? Do you know how it would rate against a Pathfinder 10B?
Thanks for the advice about the price too, I thought £120 could be a bit steep. The listing doesn't offer any details about age or condition either, I'm thinking a maximum of £60 (new Pathfinder price) for a mint condition one would be more realistic, would you agree?
[/quote]
I'll reply to this in your other thread....