Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP12SMX 4X10 combo. 1994 pre Gibson. *SOLD*

StraightSix

I'm looking to sell or trade my dear friend who has proved ultimately reliable over many years together.

I am the only owner - I bought her new in May 1994 from Andertons and still have the original receipt.

I have gigged her regularly but not much in the last three or four years.

She is in good condition and fully working - sale includes the original heavy slip-cover.

The GP12SMX preamp is legendary - valve/solid state input with blend control; active/passive switch and gain knob; switchable 12-band graphic with level control; built-in dual-band compressor (same as the Trace footpedal version); EQ balance knob which is very useful allowing you to sweep the general EQ without altering the graphic; two optional preshaped settings via push-buttons; effects loop with front-mounted effects level blend control and mute switch.

In all the time I've used her, I have never had a single fault - switch on, tweak to taste and play. Fantastic reliability.

Pickup is realistically the best option due to size (plus I don't have the original packing).

I'm looking for a firm £350 cash or I would be interested in a swap/trade with a Barefaced Midget 1X12.

I am a fairly new member here but I have a positive feedback score on Ebay over 900 so you can feel confident that I am genuine.

Please shout if anyone needs more info.

Edited by StraightSix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump for new price - £350 :)

I also have a matching 2X10 Trace Elliot cab (in Tolex) which I could part with to complete a monster 6X10 rig...£450 for the lot.

Trades may be welcome - preferably not amplification but I may be interested in a nice Precision or Jazz bass...what have you got...?

• 2 months later...