Why become a member? ×

FEELER: Ampeg SVT3 Pro in Gator case FS/Trade

The Goatreich

I'm considering selling on my Ampeg SVT3Pro amp which I've had for coming up to 3 years from brand new. The amp has always been kept in the Gator rack hardcase, so is in perfect condition. It has been gigged, but not heavily. The Gator case would come as part of the sale, but unfortunately one of the lids was accidentally swapped with an identical case at a gig earlier this year and as such isn't as perfect a fit as it once was, but it does still fasten, just slightly loose.

I'd be looking at selling on for around the £550 mark.

What are people's thoughts? Is this a fair price for this kind of setup?

Would consider a swap for an Orange Bass Terror 500.

i think i sold mine in the region of £375 and it was the usa blackfaced model also got my mesa 400+ for £800 so personally id say £550 was a bit steep, but im not sure, im not just a troll btw im looking for an amp for my friend and hes definalty up for an svt 3. maybe someone will say i sold my svt for a low price and maybe they will say i got a bargain on the mesa but it would explain the lack of response on here as they normaly sell like hotcakes :)

Hard amp to price realistically given the quality of it and the fluctuation in rrp. I saw one for sale yesterday for £1444 and another for £829 - both new. From my experience, I sold a USA 1992 3pro for £250 in reasonable condition and a USA 2007 3pro for £450 in pristine condition. However, I would say £400 to £500 (dependent on condition and tube status) is a fair price for an extremely flexible and great amp.

I currently own a new Korean 3pro and a Hartke kilo. Love the 3pro and loving the kilo.

a.

Edited by andy67

mine was a USA but im not sure the year mid 90's i think, i thought they were more valuable in general than the newer ones? i may have sold it for 400 im not sure. dont forget new retail value is always gonna be a rip-off, thats why we are all here right?! :) either way its a cracking amp!

not being a troll either.
Would like one of these to match with my ampeg cab.

I brought my first one for £370 used, and it was an early american made one, with a rack case bag thing.

They dont fair too well on the used market.
I was going to offer my Eden WTX500 plus a bit of cash.

well, its completly solid state, so for me it misses on the tube harmonics you get from a tube pre. however it wieghs something like 1.9kg, and coupled with a barefaced i could walk to rehearsal with guitar on my back and the cab in hand.

I'm not a fan of useless knobs and this does have one(enhance), but everything you would need to change is on the front panel.
If you are a fan of the tubey growl like you get from the svt or a orange terror bass, this alone isnt for you, but i coupled it with a tech21 character pedal to get that sort of sound. Because the inherent response is reasonably flat, the pedal's eq was more than enough to get that sort of sound.

Anyway, the highlight is definatly the tiny size and wieght.

• 2 weeks later...