Why become a member? ×

What does one put one's Mustang in ?

Les

in the UK on the net.

Found a couple in the US

Ideally I'd like a gigbag, ritter etc but don't know what fits.

I know there's a few of us on her with Mustangs, what do you use ?

Does asnyone make a guitar one thats a little bit longer ? Don't want to spend hundreds on this cos' it travrls to gigs
on the back seat of the car but something with a bit of padding rather than the oversize unpadded nylon bag I've got now
would be great,

Ta

Les

I put my Mustang in a locked garage.

I'll get me overalls.

PS: No seriously now, I found the TGI gig bag great quality with 30mm (well over an inch) of padding, three pockets , two way zips, front and side carry handle and straps to tote on your back, also good value for money. It was under £30 where i got it from. If you can find one locally obviously you can save on p&p.

[url="http://www.bem-music.com/list.pl?id=113288"]http://www.bem-music...st.pl?id=113288[/url]

Edited by daz

Thanks Daz, I've just been having a squint at them, That would be fine BUT, Does it ACTUALLY FIT A FENDER MUSTANG BASS GUITAR ??????? before I buy one. Without rattling round or being 8 or 9 inches too long I mean.

Your only in Chester, you can run but you can;t hide ! :)

Edited by Les

Well it fits my Squier CV jazz which is 34 inch scale length, and my Farida bases, so if a Mustang is smaller by a few inches, im sure it would fit. what size is a mustang is it 30" ?

Edit: have just checked, i cant see any reason a mustang wouldnt fit ?

Edited by daz

mmmm....cheers for that Daz, but its quite a bit shorter. It's a touch under 43" long, My Stingray is 46" and it rattles about in the Ray's flight case, would imagine the ray is a touch shorter as well than yer jazz/presicion cos' of the machine head configuration. Might have to just get a normal bass gigbag and live with that.

Unless any Mustang owners can enlighten me.

Les

Here is a snap ,of mine 'in situ' This is my Farida which is 46 inches long (or 34" scale length) exactly same as the Squier Classic Vibe Jazz. Its a snug fit, yours should be ok if its only 3 inches shorter. The gig bag wont allow it to rattle around. I doubt it will move at all unless you carry it upside down. Though even then it'll only move a few inches. If you buy one locally you could even take your Mustang along to try it (unless there is one in the shop) I shouldnt think there will be any problems.

Edited by daz