Why become a member? ×

SOLD - PEDAL STEEL GUITAR - BEGINNERS MODEL

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]This pedal steel was made in the States in the 80's and is a "Little Buddy" made by the USA Guitar Company.

As with most pedal steels it has 10 strings and is tuned to E9. Having only(!) 3 pedals and 1 knee lever to change the pitch of the strings it's a beginner's model.

An ex-pro player was good enough to come over and give me a few pointers a couple of weeks ago. He played this Little Buddy and said that it's pretty good. It may not have the finesse of a pro model but they cost thousands! [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I have been careful to use the correct cleaners and lubricants to make sure it plays as well as it can. I even searched out an oil which is used for guns as it's light, doesn't gum up metal parts and contains Teflon!

This pedal steel comes with it's big hard case, the copedent chart which lists the string gauges and how much each pedal/lever raises or lowers each string (steels just use electric guitar strings), an Emmons learning course and a old copy of a Pedal Steel Guitar by Winnie Winston which is considered the bible of pedal steel tuition.

The only problem is that the little button of one of the tuning keys is missing! That's all! The tuner still works though! [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]A Little Buddy pedal steel, in black, is currently on eBay for £500. I'm asking £400 o.n.o. Postage inside the UK will be £20. [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]This is a great way to get into pedal steel. Maybe you just want to have this in a studio for Pink Floyd moments or want to get into this unique instrument. Nothing sounds like a pedal steel!!

If you need any more info or photos, please don't hesitate to get in touch.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by 7string