Why become a member? ×

Roland 120xl bass amp

bozzie

I tried one of these today in a local music store. Very solidly built, not particularly heavy (I think they are supposed to be about 20kg), really very loud for the rated wattage. Some interesting amp models and effects (I have the cube 30 bass at home for practice, so am used to these). I found the sound to be very tight and punchy, no unnecessary wooliness in the bottom end of things.

I'd give one a try - you may be pleasantly surprised. I'm seriously considering getting one - although the GK MB212 is also on my radar, but the effects, compressor and built in tuner of the Roland, plus it's build quality and my experience with the Cube 30 are huge sway factors to be honest.

Cheers

Geoff

I have just got the Fender Bronco40, went to Nevada n tryed it against the roland amps. Liked both of them but the fender won out on sound first, features second and hands down on price. Its pleanty loud for home practice sounds fantastic with all my basses n the Fuse softwear is awsome. In my opinion it beats my Line6 softwear hands down, if you aint looked at this amp n what it can do yet your missing a trick or three. My main amp is a Trace 715 and to be honest the fender has religated the beast to the cupboard under the stairs.