Why become a member? ×

Vintage and Rare - Bath

NJE

Went to bath today and stumbled accross vintage and rare so just had to pop in. I have to say it was great even if the bass selection was not that extensive. The two guys working there were so friendly and chatty and eager to give me basses to try, even the 2k Jazz bass.

I had a go on the Fender Modern Player Telecaster bass and have to say for £400 it was a wicked bass. Great big beastly tone with lots of depth and the additional pickup at the bridge really cleared things up. Solo, the bridge pickup was suprisingly barky and had a nice rounder jazz sound and on the whole it was a really nice bass, well put together and a lovely neck profile much like the classic reissue mexican Precision.

The interesting thing I spotted (may not be news to some of you) was that it was made in china and the bridge was the same as the Classic Vibe basses. Apparently teh guy was saying they are made in the same factory as the classic vibe and that the quality is so good on the classic vibes they are now discontinueing them and having these fender models. I may have paraphrased what he said and it could be bulls droppings, but sounds like the kind of thing fender would do.

Anyway great bass and great folk in the shop, definately go back in the future and worth checking out if your in Bath.