Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 VT Bass - Why not a rackmount version?

eddiehoffmann

I bought a VT Bass as soon as it came out. I like it so much I got the Deluxe version recently. It's amazing to be able to program it and have six different sounds, but it's quite big and takes a lot of space on my pedalboard. A lot of people out there use the VT Bass as a preamp, not a stomp box and, in my view, a rackmount version is just such an obvious next step that it's unbelievable they still didn't release one.

Since Tech 21 has quite a few successful rackmount products and even an amp version of the VT Bass (not sold in Europe) why not make a VT Bass rackmount? I don't even need the six program locations from the Deluxe. I would be happy with just two, or three. I bet this would be a major hit. I've been waiting for a rack version since they released the original VT Bass. I cannot be alone on this!

Maybe they're marketing strategy is to release products little by little, so people end up buying all of them (like me!), but I think they're actually loosing money waiting so long to release this product. Anybody else agrees?

Cheers

Eddie

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1322756565' post='1455511']
Velcro it to the front of the power amp. I've seen it done. Tempted to do the same.
[/quote]

Hahaha! Man, I'm Brazilian you know and this is such a Brazilian style solution... Are you Brazilian too? :) To be honest, a true Brazilian would probably use gaffer tape. Our civilisation was built upon gaffer tape. It's magic!

Now seriously... My power amp has ventilation holes at the front. I can't do that. I used it on top of the power amp for a long time, but it sucks. I can't believe they still didn't release a rack version of the VT!!!