Why become a member? ×

What is this bass?

2008escottp

I have a fretted 5 and a fretless 5 of this model- never managed to pin down the exact model though. It's not a Grind or a Millennium; it might be a DynaBass although I think various models have gone by that name- I think these date from the late 90s/early 2000s. Nice basses for the money IMO- I picked mine up for around £100 each. £140 would be on the high side but not out the question if it's in decent nick.

That there's an International, I've had the four string in that very colour and am currently making my orange five string keep me in diesel. I bought my black four off the shelf for £170 about 4 years ago but that's around the time they stopped making them. I paid £130 for an immaculate 5er about 2 years ago. I love 'em!!

See, I thought that the "International Series" label was just signifying that they were non-US made. I also have a Milestone 3 (jazz style) and that has the International label on it as well as the model name.

edit to add: there are also International Series guitars, drumkits etc.

Edited by velvetkevorkian

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' timestamp='1322605531' post='1453568']
See, I thought that the "International Series" label was just signifying that they were non-US made. I also have a Milestone 3 (jazz style) and that has the International label on it as well as the model name.

edit to add: there are also International Series guitars, drumkits etc.
[/quote]

Well, that's just me confused now, I didn't know it was on other stuff. I always thought the Dyna was different, so is it a Dyna model then?

[quote name='2008escottp' timestamp='1322610574' post='1453643']
thanks, looks like quite a nice bass for the money. No idea what it sounds like but looks like it should be much more expensive!
[/quote]

They're great to play, if you go on to (shameless plug, sorry!) http://double-vision-band.co.uk I'm playing my old black 4 on 'Just Like Heaven' and the Coldplay one. I apologise in advance if this has made you sit through Coldplay under duresse!

[quote name='Vinny' timestamp='1322664799' post='1454140']
Well, that's just me confused now, I didn't know it was on other stuff. I always thought the Dyna was different, so is it a Dyna model then?
[/quote]
I'm afraid it doesn't get any clearer... I have seen these referred to as DynaBasses, but I don't know if that's correct. IIRC the only references I could find to DynaBasses online were about the late 80s model(s), which are totally different.

The upshot is I haven't a clue, but I agree that they are excellent basses for the money, so that's what counts, innit? :)

My first bass which was a Milestone III also has the International series label on, if you do want to know for definite I'd give Peavey an email. I emailed them a few years back when I bought my Fury I and couldn't find out anything about it and they could still date it by serial and sent me loads of information about it so do seem to be extremely helpful.

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' timestamp='1322684377' post='1454576']
I'm afraid it doesn't get any clearer... I have seen these referred to as DynaBasses, but I don't know if that's correct. IIRC the only references I could find to DynaBasses online were about the late 80s model(s), which are totally different.

The upshot is I haven't a clue, but I agree that they are excellent basses for the money, so that's what counts, innit? :)
[/quote]

In that case, these are super-rare, super-sexy, super-sought-after basses and the one at the top of the page is an amazing bargain. In future, can everyone start paying no less than £2500 for them, please?

Worth a try, innit?

Did I mention I have an orange one? It's not for sale but if this works it might be!

Oh, alright, then. Just fetching my coat...