Why become a member? ×

TASCAM BTCD1 now fully working!!

Hi all,
I just brought the mp3 version off of here as my CD version is faulty. everything works expect the sound from the CD. So pretty useless. the disc goes round and reads the disc as if playing, but no sound. the bass and all other effects work fine.

It could be some wrong setting, but i believe the mk1 only has a 'mix' which i have tried.
£10 Plus P&P anyone?

****UPDATE*****

It appears im a complete tw*t (not twit), it is fully working, i was playing copied CDs in it. When i play original Cds, it works perfectly. Therefore I can only assume that the Cds I copied and used in the bass trainer were incorrectly burnt (ie as MP4s or something - not sure)

yes - im i ****. Still I ended up with the mp3 version, so it cant be all bad!

So...£40 inc postage for a [u]fully working[/u] CDBT1 with adaptor anyone?!

Edited by andytoad

Mine died in a similar fashion some time ago. I planned on getting the MP3 version but have not got round to it. They seem difficult to buy now, are they still selling ew ones or do you have to buy second hand?

I still use mine as a practice tool as it still functions with the bass ok and I plug my phone or laptop into the input and play along to the song with my cans on. Ok, the functions I liked are not there for manipulating the CD track anymore but this isn't too much of a problem. I edit any track with Audacity first to get any tempo or key changes sorted and if playing via the laptop I cut the bass from the eq to help a bit.

£10 +p&p seems a fair price for something you can still work with to a point. Good luck.