Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz 212T NEOX cab - 2x12 600w 4ohm! With wheels :) £460

Mike

Hi all!

Finally got my Markbass stack to go with my Randy Jackson head, so need some funds - am shifting my superb, gigged Genz Benz 2x12. This is 4ohm, and perfectly capable of large function gigs. It's got wheel on the back so very easy to transport. It's a decent size but not too big to get in my Saab saloon!

I A/B'd these cabs against quite a few others and it was defintely the tightest, loudest I played. I've used both Markbass and TC heads with it and it sounds fab.

Here's the spiel:

[size=4][i][b]The heart of a 4x10" cabinet in a 2x12" design![/b][/i]

[color=#7F7F7F][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][color=#414141][i][b]The coupling of the 2 neodymium loudspeakers with the X porting of the cabinet combine to project round, solid, explosive sound on any stage. The lightweight design, Edge-Lift handles and tilt-back casters make this Genz Benz NEOX-212T a breeze to move around.
The bass speaker is rated at 300W RMS and uses a 2-1/2" aluminum edge-wound, high-temperature voice coil. The 7-ounce neodymium magnet assembly is encased in a large heatsink structure for exceptional cooling. The paper cone, spider, and dust cap have been calibrated to deliver the low-frequency support and midrange articulation that today's bassists demand. The Genz Benz NEOX-212T is the ideal companion to the GBE 400 and GBE 600 bass heads![/b][/i][/color][/font][/color][/size]
[b] [i][b]Features[/b][/i][/b][list]
[*][i][b]600W RMS handling[/b][/i]
[*][i][b]2 - 12" neodymium loudspeakers with 2-1/2" voice coil[/b][/i]
[*][i][b]Dual edge porting places a shelf port in each corner of the baffle face for increased low-frequency support and projection[/b][/i]
[*][i][b]Edge-Lift handles and tilt-back casters make for easy transport[/b][/i]
[/list]

The cab is in good condition, with some fuzziness of the carpet covering through use and occasional cats :)

I'm looking for[b] £460[/b], picked up or could possibly meet at a convenient location for a little petrol money. No trades please!

I am in[b] Chelmsford, Essex[/b] (CM2) close to the A12 and J28 of the M25.

Edited by Mike

Sigh... If only you'd been selling this a year ago, I'd have bitten your hand off. This is £250 (just over a third) off the current new price!

Ended up buying a new one from Bassdirect, and have no regrets - especially when I have to lift it into the car! Compared with my old Trace 4x10 combo, this cab is just a breeze to transport.

And just *so* much headroom - don't think I've yet been near the limits of this cab!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RichardH' timestamp='1323597632' post='1464735']
Sorry to be thick. The pics on the Genz Benz website seem to look like these have a textured finish rather than carpet - did they change?
[/quote]
Yes, Genz moved from carpet to textured this year.

Go on Richard, you know you want it... Drop by and have a quick play through mine, and you'll be hooked!

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1323686986' post='1465682']
Yes, Genz moved from carpet to textured this year.

Go on Richard, you know you want it... Drop by and have a quick play through mine, and you'll be hooked!
[/quote]

Might take you up on that one day Alec ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...