Why become a member? ×

Noisy CS-3!

RandomProddy

Have had a Boss CS-3 for a while and have noticed that wherever I use it, it seems to pick up mental amounts of interference (especially when on and "idle" i.e. when not playing a note.) and it's driving me nuts! Id rather not have to resort to having to get a noise gate.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is this why people do things like Keeley mods - would that work?

I had a CS-3 modded with one of the Monte Allums kits and it's now a great compressor.

The noise you are getting could be from your bass or amp and not the compressor, the compressor would increase the volume of that noise, might be worth checking first.

R.

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1322489930' post='1451391']The noise you are getting could be from your bass or amp and not the compressor, the compressor would increase the volume of that noise, might be worth checking first.[/quote]

Gigged with it yesterday and played about with it a bit at home - it seems that the bass is picking up some of the intereference (prob from the induction loop in the venue) - when the pot on the bass is turned down the noise disappears. The CS-3 seems to amplify what's coming through, so I think you're right....

Edited by RandomProddy