Why become a member? ×

Jaydee 6 String Calibas £1600 or trade.

Soliloquy

I have a big life changing event taking place in January, and need to raise some cash to pay for it.

The Mark King bass is now sold :)
[b]Calibas 6 string bass[/b], this is probably the flagship of the Supernatural line. I read somewhere that it's an conservationist's nightmare with all the wood used. It's certainly an amazing looking and very creative bass.

This is quite a very rare bass, not many have been made, and they don't come up for sale too often. In fact I did a search on here and didn't find a single one.

This particular bass was made for Roger Inniss, it was ordered as a birthday present for him by his girlfriend.

It's a 1988 model, and is in really nice condition. It was recently refinished in the original satin finish by John. It does still have a few very minor marks on the body, but nothing really major, and they won't photograph.

It was also fully serviced and set up by John, he also fitted a new truss rod to the bass.

It features a 7 piece maple and mahogany neck, with a thick ebony 24 fret board with mother of pearl dots in the usual places.
The body is a sandwich of ash, and I think rosewood as the accent wood.
The facings (front and rear) are quilted maple. There's a centre core of a much darker wood (I'm not sure what that is).

The controls are volume and passive tone, and the active circuit features bass, treble and mid cut or boost, and a presence control which kind of adds sparkle to the highs.
Pickup selection is via the three touch pads, there's an LED above each pad so you can see at a glance which one is selected.
The Jazz type Supernatural pickups are John's own design.

It's quite a heavy beast, but balances superbly, and doesn't feel too uncomfortable because of this. I can easily do a days practice followed by a 2 hour gig.

Personal collection is preferable for both instruments.

I'd like [b]£1600[/b] for the Calibas.

I welcome trades for any of the following on the Calibas, either 5 or 6 string basses - Sei, Modulus, Zon, Smith, Marleaux, Overwater, maybe Status. With a cash adjustment as required.

Edited by Soliloquy

Some more photos of the Calibas. These were taken back in the Summer. It has since been refinished at the Jaydee workshop.

This really is a very beautiful bass, and I will be very sorry to see her go.

Neither the Rabbit or the chicken are included in the sale :).

I am open to realistic offers on the Calibas. I really don't know how much it is worth. It's probably the flagship model in John's Supernatural series, and a new 6 string model would cost at least £3500.

Edited by Soliloquy