Why become a member? ×

Hey guys,

Possibly selling my MOTU 828 mkii mixer due to upgrade if anyone is interested.

As stated [b]270[/b] quid o.n.o. (Updated)

Basically great mixer

MOTU 828mkII Overview
The 828mkII contains everything you need to turn your Mac or PC computer into a powerful 24-bit, 96kHz digital audio workstation. With simple plug-and-play operation via "high-speed" USB 2.0, the 828mkII provides 20 inputs and 22 outputs, including 10 channels of pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 8 channels of ADAT digital I/O and stereo S/PDIF. Expand your system by connecting additional interfaces.

[url="http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828mkII"]http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828mkII[/url]

Ive not had any problems with it. Any q's go ahead.

Oh and as is the most common question, yes you can record many many inputs to seperate tracks imultaneously (obv depending on software). I use logic, but it will work with cubase etc. (Wont work with pro tools.)

Cheers

:)

Edited by metalmaniac

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='metalmaniac' post='195699' date='May 9 2008, 09:29 PM']SOrry guys, im not actually allowed to sell my mac through this forum,

but heres my email [email protected]

No macs here.[/quote]
Can there really be moderators on this forum who don't understand that a Mac is a legitimate piece of musical equipment, going right back to the days of Thomas Dolby in the 1980s? Come on guys, cut the man some slack. A Mac when bundled with a firewire interface is still a piece of 'Other musically related stuff', just like any guitar, guitar amp, synth, whatever.

Metalmaniac, we're stuffted to the gills with Macs but I'm still interested in the interface if you'll sell it on its own. Please PM me and let me know.

[quote name='pete.young' post='195750' date='May 9 2008, 11:15 PM']Can there really be moderators on this forum who don't understand that a Mac is a legitimate piece of musical equipment, going right back to the days of Thomas Dolby in the 1980s? Come on guys, cut the man some slack. A Mac when bundled with a firewire interface is still a piece of 'Other musically related stuff', just like any guitar, guitar amp, synth, whatever.[/quote]

+1
Was it established with the mods that he fundamentally wasn't allowed to list the mac? I’m not a mac guy myself but I do acknowledge that they are the industry standard in digital recording systems – much more powerful and stable than Windows based systems. I don’t know of any PT HD studios that are not based around a power mac.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='195843' date='May 10 2008, 09:09 AM']+1
Was it established with the mods that he fundamentally wasn't allowed to list the mac?[/quote]

I mustard mitt that I haven't checked, and may well have jumped to the wrong conclusions. If so, I apologise unreservedly. I expect someone will be along shortly who can explain.

[quote name='metalmaniac' post='195856' date='May 10 2008, 09:50 AM']Yup I asked the mods. Not allowed.[/quote]

So you can sell the interface, and you can sell the software, but not the bit that goes inbetween?

I understand that the forum owners don't want to open up the for sale forums to flogging general purpose computer equipment, but in a case like this where the computer is part of a package which is clearly musically related, I think that applying the policy is unreasonably draconian.

Especially considering that it has been permitted in the not-too-distant past.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7571&hl=mac"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7571&hl=mac[/url]

Guys, I think you should reconsider this one.

• 4 weeks later...