Why become a member? ×

Praxis - Any Fans? Anyone even heard of them?

xilddx

I've loved Praxis for years. But I'm the only person I know who's even heard of them.

Here's one with Bootsy on bass ..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUbKALOIf6E&feature=related[/media]

And a couple of others ..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2pWjEy8aY&feature=related[/media]

[quote name='M-N-Y' timestamp='1321299907' post='1437553']
Anything to do with Bill Laswell and Buckethead? Fairly sure I've heard them at some point. Quite heavy stuff I seem to remember. Having listened to your example it sounds like Brain on drums; great snare sound.
[/quote]

Indeed! Brain, Bucket, and Bill Laswell. But they use loads of guests, Bootsy, Bernie Worrell, and many others. They do all sorts of styles, funk, sludge, hip hop, metal, dub, tenderness, but they always sound like Praxis.

Edited by silddx

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1321300707' post='1437567']
Indeed! Brain, Bucket, and Bill Laswell. But they use loads of guests, Bootsy, Bernie Worrell, and many others. They do all sorts of styles, funk, sludge, hip hop, metal, dub, tenderness, but they always sound like Praxis.
[/quote]

I'm a bit late in replying to this link, but better late than never I guess. I have heard of Praxis but they're a bit too heavy and industrial for me.

I quite liked the Zillatron Lord of the Harvest album though in places (Bugg Lite & Fuzz Face are very silly but great tracks & feature some great playing by Bootsy. For me the best Bill Laswell/ P-Funk collaberation is a double album called Funkcronomicon by Axiom Funk. It's quite hard to find, but heavily features George Clinton, Bootsy, Bernie Worrell, Maceo, Booby Bryd, Eddie Hazel and Pedro Bell, Bill Laswell etc - it's well worth checking out.