Why become a member? ×

Looking for David's little brother!

Bloc Riff Nut

Hi bottom Lovers,

I'm looking for a quality practise/practice amp for home use. I do have a David and Goliath set up but David's just too mouthy for the neighbours. It was originally bought for it's small footprint and for the tiny stages we sometimes frequent. The Genz and Barefaced Midget combi is just too loud so I'm looking for Dave's little brother. I'm looking for a low watt valve or valve pre head to accompany the Midget or a valve combo. I was thinking Ashdown Little Bastard but there must be more options, I just can't seeem to google them. Any ideas?

David and Goliath.

[IMG]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/323/11092011086.jpg[/IMG]
By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blocriffnut]blocriffnut[/URL] at 2011-11-12

Phil.

The midget is a very sensitive cab, you could probably drive it with abut 10 watts and it'll come out loud enough to annoy the neighbours. If it were me I'd think about a small practice cab, maybe made around a decent quality (but low sensitivity) 8" driver, and sealed rather than ported. Drive it with the Genz, which surely you can just turn down? You may need to do some rough loudness compensation with the EQ though.

Edited by LawrenceH

I can use my Ampeg PF500 with Midget & Compact at home, tho don`t as I have a pracice amp for that purpose. That Genz mst be very loud at the lowest setting.

Another possibility is maybe get a graphic equaliser, with an overall level control, set up Dave, then switch on the graphic with the level all the way down? Be cheaper, and keep the sound you`re used to.