Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady Pups whats under the cover.

boabskiboab

Hey guys,

Just picked up a jack casady in ebony.

Love the tone, playability and now its lost the cream pickguard and selector ring love the looks.

Still think it would look better without the "Electar" pickup cover. but what is underneath the cover/ can the cover be removed?

Anyone with any experience of this bass and its pickup, your knowledge would be graefully received.

Cheers

Boab

I got one recently too. I agree the yellow plastic isn't great, it's ok on the gold top, but just looks cheap against the black. Jeannie's Pickguards on ebay does a black replacement pg for the JCS, which might look better. Not sure it's worth it, though, compared to just taking it off.

I did see a JCS with a black pickup cover on Talkbass, but I think that was probably painted, as it didn't look that good. I've been meaning to get inside mine to have a look round, but just haven't had the time or motivation. Even if you could get the guts out, I don't think it's a standard size cover that you could easily replace.