Why become a member? ×

recommend me a pa sub?

chrisd24

Not sure if this is the right forum but anyway...... im after a powered sub for my pa,im running a pretty standard system (power amp/mixer/2 ev stage 200's) but i want to add a bit of umph for bigger rooms.

I had a play with a roland one in a shop the other day and quite liked it as it had a built in crossover and was small and relativley light so anything along those lines im after and open to suggestion.

Edited by chrisd24

I recommend these heartily.
[url="http://www.musicgeardirect.co.uk/pa-sound-products-by-brand/l2-audio/speakers/l2-audio-tx115.html"]http://www.musicgeardirect.co.uk/pa-sound-products-by-brand/l2-audio/speakers/l2-audio-tx115.html[/url]

These are an old model Logic System sub, now sold under the L2 Audio brand, they use Celestion bits instead of the RCF components inside the originals. We have the Logic System stuff and it's pretty godamn mega. Seriously mega.
We've come to these via HK Audio Lucas system and a Peavey setup. When we got the chance of the Logic stuff, we just couldn't refuse it, it's that good.British designed and built too. Only thing I would change is to add more.

The Subs are tiny but hugely effective. In our case, they replace Peavey BW equipped 1x 15" subs, in our drummers case, Mackie SWA1501 subs. They blow both of them clean out of the water.

We've had powered stuff before, the HK Audio gear.
Deliberately went back to power amps.

Our two powered subs had a stereo top end and a mono sub, that was in both sides, so six channels of amplifications between the two subs.
One channel went down and could not be repaired. Bingo, whole system useless because of one dead channel.
Not utterly useless, but what point is there in the system if you're down an amp channle which can't be repaired ?
How stupid is that ?

As it is now, if an amp goes down, we'll swap it out and keep going.

As I said above, had powered cabs.
Will never ever go back to them.
Not a chance.

GIve me a hernia inducing amp rack every time. I know where I am with that.