Why become a member? ×

BILL FITZMAURICE 2X JACK 10 IN SINGLE CAB....FINALLY GONE

TWILITEZONE

The BFM designs are highly efficient, and while they can't magic infinite volume from a tiny box/speaker, they do make the very most of any speaker. For the price that this cab is being offered for, it's a no brainer!

Edited by RichardH

thank you everybody for the kind words. i'll be quite honest and appreciate why no real takers. it is difficult to appreciate how loud these cabs are unless you have a 100m jack lead. the projection is massive compared to a closed or reflex box. however, as a bass player, you stand pretty near your cab, so all cabs will sound much the same for given driver efficiency. so as usual, watts isn't the whole answer, a 3kw kettle doesn't make much noise, nor a 100watt lightbulb. it's all down to how efficiently you use that power, in this case, generate noise. that's what the bfm cabs do, so 500watts into this compared with a conventional 2 x 12 would certainly be equal and carry further. the disadvantage being that they are a bit size lumpy.

fraid i've gone off the idea of splitting, it's now or never unless anybody wants the empty cab for their own drivers.

i just like to see my name and avatar.
the doctor won't be long.

as regards carriage, i don't think that's a goer. the weight is 30kg net and it measures overall 30" x 17 x 21.
you can get a price dependent on your wishes from web places like parcel2go

Edited by TWILITEZONE