Why become a member? ×

It's Different for Girls! Joe Jackson.

JPS

Has anyone got any good tips for learning the short outro section that's played in quite a high register? I've got to learn it for Saturday morning and would appreciate any help/short cuts as I've also got another dozen or so songs to learn by then. Great song and would be nice to do it (some) justice.

Thanks

JPS

[size=2][size=3]Being as Doddy isn't here i will risk a tab[/size] :) .[/size]

I couldnt find any notation that i didnt have to pay for, sorry. You will have to work out timings, trills etc for yourself. Some of the bars were messed up in the transfer.

O[u]UTRO[/u] 

G|-------------------11--13--|

D|-11--------11--------------|

G|-16---14-14--13--14----|-14--------18--16--14--|-16--14--13--14--13-----------|--------------------------------------------|

D|-----------------------------|-------------------------------|--------------------------------16--14---|--13---------14--16--14--13--|

D|-14--13---------------------------------|-----------------------|----------------------------|

A|-------------16--14---14--12-11-12--11--12--|-11--9---7-----7---6---|-4-----2--------------------|

E|----------------------------------------|-----------------------------------|----------------------5---4---2---7----|

G|---------------------------------9---|-13----14--13----|-13-----------------|

D|-------------------------9-------|--------------------------|--------------------|

A|---------------------7-----------|-------------------------|---------------------|

E|-0-----0----0-----------|----------------------------------|--------------------|

Edited by daz

Cheers Daz that helps a lot. I've just managed to work out a rough version that frankly probably pass muster in the Dog & Duck on a Friday night but your tab feels in a few gaps. Looks like I will basically have to learn to "sing it" and then try and reproduce it. Thanks again.

This is my version. I think its a little different, but i've played it for years and got away with it!!

G----------------16--14--13--14------------18--16--14--16--14--13--14-13-14-13--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D------14--16---------------------------------------------------------------------------------16--14--13----------16--14--13-14-13---------------------------------------------
A---14------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------16--14---------12--11--12--11------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------12-

G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------------------------------14-(slide)---18-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------14---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E------11--9--7--5--4--2-(slide up)--7----0-----------12------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.