Why become a member? ×

Two For Sale, One For Trade. Squier, Westbury and Spector

silentbob

First up we have a Squire Standard (not Affinity) Jazz Bass in antique burst. In very good condition, i bought this to see if i was more of a Jazz person than a Precision person. I wasn't. I have shielded all the cavitiys and rewired using CTS pots, a switchcraft jack socket and cloth covered wire, and she is strung with a new set of Fender flatwounds. There is one small problem, and that is that since re-wiring her i can't for the life of me remember where i put the control knobs, so she is currently knobless, but a replacement set shouldn't cost more than a few quid on the 'bay. £125

Next up is a Matsumoku made Westbury Track 2. Bought a couple of years back because it was the same as my first bass, but i don't really use it so time to let it go. It's looks like it's seen some action over the years, with quite a few knocks and dings, though nothing that effects the playability. The pick-up is a Dimarzio Model P which can be switched between series and parrallel wiring and the bridge has been changed from the original (which were known for being weak and breaking) to an identical one from a Gibson/Epiphone bass. She has had a set-up and been strung with EB Extra Slinky strings. [color=#ff0000]SOLD[/color]

Lastly is my Spector NS-94. I genuinly thought that this was going to be my ideal bass, but for reasons i don't understand, i just can't seem get on with it. This is a great looking bass, and imho, the best shaped bass Spector ever produced. It's thru-necked, and features the curved body that sits just soooo well.
There is a little bit of info on them here
[url="http://www.spectorbass.com/about/model_years_3.html"]http://www.spectorba...el_years_3.html[/url]
As far as i know it's all original except that at one stage it had a de-tuner fitted which has since been removed and has been replaced with a standard style tuning peg which although not a 100% match, is very close to the originals, and that it has been fitted with straplocks.
I'm still not totally sure that i want to get rid of this so i won't put a price on it, rather see if i get any interesting trade offers. Anything with 4 strings will be considered so fire away, i can only say no. [color=#ff0000]WITHDRAWN[/color]

Please feel free to ask any questions or request extra photographs.

Edited by silentbob

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1320826817' post='1431799']
Lovely Spector. I don't have anything that I want to trade unfortunately, but good luck :)
[/quote]

Thanks, i've been having a noodle on it tonight and it would be fair to say that i'm definatly torn over this one.

[quote name='Fitzy73' timestamp='1320833846' post='1431925']
i would love the westbury , would post to rep of ireland or maybe my mate near ipswich
[/quote]

I will look into posting.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Hi there... Do you still have the Fender Squier for sale...If so, could you give me a shout please at....... [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Cheers, ..All the best.[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]BISCUIT [/size][/font]