Why become a member? ×

Expression pedal for IOD

thehillscorporation

Don't know if anyone can help me with this,.....does anyone know if there's a specific aftermarket expression pedal that works with the SWR Interstellar Overdrive?? Anybody? I've posted in the wanted section to see if anyone has a genuine one, but I don't hold out much hope as I'm sure if you have one, you'd want to hang on to it! fleabay seem's unlikely too! Been looking for a while now, not a sausage:( Ho hum!

(sorry if it's a no no, but I've posted the same topic in Amps & Cabs, but as this is an amp, and effect, thought it would be worth a cross post?)

John.

John,

I've removed the post in amps & cabs. No need for it to be everywhere. If someone has the answer then they can post it here. It's is an Overdrive here after all.

I'm not familiar with the unit. Does is have a. Exp' input? That will tell you if it's expression co
Patible after all!

Shep

Hi Shep,

Unfortunately, your being unfamiliar with the unit, it would have been more helpful removing this post and not the one in amps & cabs! It is after all a preamp first and foremost with a power stage, but some people do use it as an effect. Yes, it does have an expression pedal input, but this is for the proprietary pedal long since discontinued by SWR. Hopefully someone may have seen my post in 'amps & cabs' before you pulled it, who could actually help me here.

John.

Hi John,

Point taken. There's moved to Amps & Cabs and a link to it left in the Effects forum.

After a few searches there has been some discussion in the past about the SWR pedal being non-standard (or rather complaints) meaning folk have had to invest in the SWR pedal as other expression and volume pedals have not worked.

I'm certain most expression pedals could be modded to work the same (if the SWR pedal can't be obtained) and can suggest a couple of basschatters that may be able to modify it too!