Why become a member? ×

F/S 1985 Westone Thunder III Mk 2 Fretless

davehux

Hi Basschatters

Up for sale is my 1985 Westone Thunder III Mk 2 Fretless - with the Magnabass humbuckers.

Pretty good condition for its age, just a couple of minor dings around the place. At some point in its life it either had a different bridge on it, or the original one moved and then put back to factory position, as there are 2 screw holes visible, about ½" to the rear of the bridge (which is a Westone)

18v active pups with an amazing range of sounds from the active tone pot. Toggle switches for active/passive, single coil/humbucker and 3 way pup selector. Independant tone controls for active and passive circuits, plus master volume pot with pull-up phase switch. So many tonal possibilites with the thing.

Currently fitted with a 2 month old set of Rotosound Jazz Bass flatwounds. Schaller strap buttons fitted since the photos, but originals included in the sale.

Weighs a ton, but she really sings up at the dusty end. No strap included.

£325 collected from Truro, Cornwall

Sorry - no trades - need to try and fill the bank balance hole caused by purchase last week of new plank.

I've still got the battered hard case that she got delivered in, so could post it in that if needed, but it would be some serious weight to pay for. I'd have to wind a load of gaffer tape around the box, but it should survive the journey.

Here's some photos of it from last year. Can send more detailed ones to anyone serious.

[attachment=92836:31291_397481609074_744064074_4199015_1348360_n.jpg]

[attachment=92837:girls.JPG]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...