Why become a member? ×

One for the Slave, Mark Adams and Drac fans

iconic

these boys certainly got the funk for me this is wonderful playing dry and off the cuff so to speak, some great bass lines come to life here with just a lead and a bass in this guys 'parlour',

....such a shame both Mark adams and Drac Hicks have passed, I'll have no hero's left here soon.

Watching you, Stone jam,
:) :) :)
[media]http://youtu.be/__w6tWywgLg[/media]

Edited by iconic

I'm liking their work & almost as good as the real deal.

Such a shame we don't have many up and coming new funk bands getting a record deal these deals. All we seem to get is the same old syruppy over-produced R(hythm) & B(ull).

That's my rant over for this morning anyway :)

[u]I[/u]'m always amazed at how few bands there are doing hard funk 'n disco covers or original stuff, I would have thought they have been very a busy band, go to any 'do' with a DJ and as soon as Le Freak, Disco Inferno or suchlike comes on the everyones up and smiling......my mate did tell me that you need to be good musicions to do funk/disco, he maybe biased though being a Soul/Stax fan :)

....Jay Kay found a hole that shouldn't of been there in the first place.

....there is a localish band called 'Kilimanjambo' (could be wrong spelling) and they certainly got a funky spark and are very popular, apart from them not much else its all folk, bluegrass, blues, old rock, good bands and I like to watch but if only....

....my rant done and dusted