Why become a member? ×

Classical thump - Victor Wooten

Flea jnr.

Hey,

I'm trying to learn this song and i could do with a little bit of help. I start the first bit with normal slapping, like everyone else usually does. Then he starts doing his double slap technique. I'm wondering weather i should use this technique or not bother. I just want a few different ideas. CHRS :)

Some of the sections of that song would be nigh on impossible to play without using his trademark double thumbing technique! There are a few good instructional videos on his website that give a run through of some of his skills - [url="http://www.victorwooten.com"]Here It Is[/url]

Hope this helps, and good luck!

[quote name='acidbass' post='163307' date='Mar 25 2008, 07:52 PM']Some of the sections of that song would be nigh on impossible to play without using his trademark double thumbing technique! There are a few good instructional videos on his website that give a run through of some of his skills - [url="http://www.victorwooten.com"]Here It Is[/url]

Hope this helps, and good luck![/quote]

very helpful, thanks!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='168067' date='Apr 1 2008, 11:21 PM']maybe im a bit out numbered in the world of bass, but is it just me who hates wootens style of faster is better??[/quote]

Nope, I think the double thump thing sounds like sh*te