Why become a member? ×

Warwick Fortress Masterman Custom - NOW SOLD

vmaxblues

Hi all,

This is a very special bass, which I traded with CPBassman, (Hope he doesn't mind me using his quote and pics)
My band has finished through illness and I cant warrant keeping hold of so much bass kit.

This is no ordinary Masterman, mainly because this is an original Warwick with the Wenge neck.

Specs are:

[color=#000000]Fortress Masterman in Flamed maple finished in translucent emerald green with black hardware.[/color]
Ultra slim C profile Wenge neck with Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard, jumbo frets and side markers.
MEC twin Jazz controlled by Volume, Pan Stack and 2 independent bass cut and boost stack knobs.
Schaller D Tuner.

[color=#000000]This bass plays incredibly well, and is one of the nicest Warwicks I have ever played, but I will stay true to my well gigged Dolphin for now.[/color]

[color=#000000]This bass is approximately 15 years old and was a custom order, it cost around £2k new.[/color]

[color=#000000]CPBassman said:[/color]

[i][color=#000000]'Ive used this as my main gigging and recording bass for the last 14 years. Many basses have come and gone in that time (i.e. other top line Warwicks, MM, G&L, Shuker, Status) but this one has always been the one that gets used. I was very lucky to have this made via a friend who worked closely with the Warwick workshops back in the 90's and he asked me to design my ultimate bass from the options they had available to them'.[/color][/i]

[color=#000000][i]'She has amazing depth and character. Wonderful to play with plenty of mojo, road wear and dings in the usual places. The neck is unmarked and true with a very effective truss rod for even the tinyest adjustment.[/i][/color]

[i]She really does sings like a bird or she can growl like a feral animal when required (as good Warwicks do)' [/i]

[color=#000000][i][attachment=92709:P5213691.jpg][attachment=92710:P5213692.jpg][attachment=92711:P5213693.jpg][attachment=92712:P5213694.jpg][attachment=92713:P5213695.jpg][attachment=92714:P5213696.jpg][/i][/color]

I am asking a total bargain price now of £600 plus postage

Edited by vmaxblues

[quote name='vmaxblues' timestamp='1321952569' post='1444656']
Bump for a stunning bass at a great price..... but make me an offer, you never know!
[/quote]

not an offer, but it will give you a wee bump..... how do the dual preamps work in practice? what does it let you do?