Why become a member? ×

six string bassists

[quote name='SkiingLizard' post='73044' date='Oct 11 2007, 08:24 PM']you should also check out Tom Wilkinson aka Squarepusher - plays a lot of 6 string bass usually accompanied by sequenced material[/quote]

Incidently, Tom uses a 6 string Zoot bass, built by the guys down at Bass Merchant. He has a MIDI pickup in the li'l fella too!

[quote name='cai!' post='16396' date='Jun 12 2007, 06:27 PM']ok guys, ive just started with my new six string bass and i cant really find many six string bassists to inspire me,
so far ive got the dream theater (john myung) songs and im currently work on them
i also write alot of my own stuff so some solo artists are quite handy but the noticed ones are usually sick like adam nitti lol

i have absoultly huge hands so i can reach the C string with ease :huh: so dont worry about that :)

do you guys know any fairly good six string bassists, (in a band or solo artists) that are good to check out for learning material???
and im not particularly bothered about what type of music the pay as ong as its fairly busy and not really boring to play!

cheers guys x[/quote]

i know one! look at Jeff Schmidt - he plays 6 string , although hes left handed , he plays right with the high C at the top. His technique is one in a million , you should really look him up on myspace or youtube

[quote name='cris the man' post='74077' date='Oct 14 2007, 10:27 AM']i know one! look at Jeff Schmidt - he plays 6 string , although hes left handed , he plays right with the high C at the top. His technique is one in a million , you should really look him up on myspace or youtube[/quote]

oh and one more , steve bailey - plays 6 string fretless , HIS HANDS ARE HUGE!

is u look for "a chic from corea" or something like that hes playing bass with victor wooten , its an old video but steve bailey is a gr8 6 string bassist