Why become a member? ×

What cab for vintage 40w head?

AntLockyer

Morning all. I have had in my posession a Moody BA40 Bassman head from the 60s http://www.grouseguitars.com.au/sold/moodyba40.htm for many years and have only used it once for guitar through a Marshall 4x12 (and it was glorious).

I know it's a little shy in the power stakes but I'd really like to get a cab and play my bass through it (I have a feeling my P with flats is going to go very nicely with it).

So any recomendations as to what cab I should get or build? Obviously it's not going to be ultra versatile but I'm not with a band and have a Sansamp for home recording if I need something different.

Ta

I use a low powered head (2 KT77, so 70w in theory) with a Barefaced Super 15, that is two Kappalite 3015 drivers, but the amount of low end you get is a bit dependent on the transformer, my amp has big Partridge jobs, so it has significant lows. If you amp doesn't a higher tuned cab with a midbass hump might be better suited.