Why become a member? ×

Modified Actice Wesley Monarch 4 String-NOW SOLD

falcodub

After recently acquiring a new bass i am selling the old one now.
It is a Modified Actice Wesley Monarch bought off here around 12 months ago.

Has been set up by a luthier upon purchase as it buzzed a little which turned out to be a fret that was a little high.

Plays very well, and the original ad is here as I am no expert on it technically.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/106044-modified-active-wesley-monarch-bass-streamer-like/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

I have no gig bag to post in but it would be bubble wrapped and wrapped in cardboard/home made box prior to posting.

[u][b]Looking for £100 including postage[/b][/u]

I am located in Southampton if anyone wishes to view/try before purchase. Can meet up nearby to save travel time/cost (within reason of course!)

Its a very good bass for the money and I would keep it as a back up but I could do with the cash.

Cheers, Andy

Edited by falcodub

Just seen these are 119 new, however this one has been modified with better pick ups and a set up so am hoping that my price isn't too ambitious!

Open to offers but will drop it already to £100 posted in light of the fact that these are cheap new :)

[quote name='falcodub' timestamp='1319640374' post='1416776']
Just seen these are 119 new, however this one has been modified with better pick ups and a set up so am hoping that my price isn't too ambitious!

Open to offers but will drop it already to £100 posted in light of the fact that these are cheap new :)
[/quote]

It'd be a good idea to say what the replacement pickups are. Good Luck.

All in the link above, however, copied and pasted here.

This is a bass that started life as a Wesley Monarch model.

Classic combination of alder body, pretty maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.

Bolt-on neck, attached via a solid plateless 5-bolt joint.

The neck is slim, and plays great without fret buzz. Strings are not new, but it hasn't been used much since last re-string so they're pretty bright. Tuning stability is excellent, especially considering the slim neck.

The original pickups were replaced with these humbuckers with hidden polepieces. Not sure about the source.
Original electronics have been replaced and a 3-band preamp has been installed, with a passive/active switch.

Controls are:
1) volume (pulled: passive, pushed: active)
2) pickup pan selector, centre detented
3) mid-frequency control: centre detent
4) concentric bass/treble controls: no centre detent (like original Stingray)

Bass is in great cosmetic condition and otherwise. It was my back-up bass (to my Warwick Corvette $$) for a while and I've used it in rehearsals and once live, but it was always very well looked after. The neck pickup is quite close to a P-bass, whilst the bridge pickup is a bit more nasal than a Jazz bridge, with a bit of extra bass it cuts through very well, and the mids control will give you more cut than you're likely to want.

Not an expensive bass, but one that works well and sounds pretty good and can be gigged without trouble.

Pics on link, open to offers

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1320921513' post='1433076']
what sort of thing are you after, trade-wise?
[/quote]

Good question!!
I do want a korg pitchblack, would also be interested in a multi effects pedal

Would also be interested in trading this bass and my ashdown five fifteen combo on another (better) amp/combo.

Just for reference my ashdown is this one
[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=practice&ID=223"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=practice&ID=223[/url]

Edited by falcodub