Why become a member? ×

F/S Birch Ply 4x15 Home made £75 collected

chiSEERKIND

Starting out as a bit of a feeler gents...

Am looking, possibly, to swap my home made Unloaded 4 x 15 for an equally as portable 8 x 10.

Its pretty road worn tolex/leatherette-wise, but sounds as huge and warm as anything out there. Just doesn't grind like a sealed 810!

Dimensions are 3ft square by 2ft deep. Imagine an overgrown matamp guitar 412 and you're somewhere close. On heavy duty casters and 2 handles on each side for giving your guitard a hernia with you!

In the pics... its the big bloody green one!

[attachment=91955:IMG00204-20100627-1929.jpg][attachment=91956:IMG00207-20100628-1925.jpg][attachment=91957:IMG00211-20100703-1753.jpg]

Edited by chiSEERKIND

[quote name='harmonator' timestamp='1319562238' post='1415847']
What's it got inside it? Did you make it yourself? Looks v. solid. Have you ever weighed it?
[/quote]

All home made, and yeah, solid as hell! Construction wise, it's braced and sealed internally to act as 4 separate 1x15 cabs, with enough volume to make the most of the Eminence Deltas. Central column of 8 ports (2 per driver).

As for weighing it... never tried. Just know i can just about get it in and out of the van myself, with some rolling and levering techniques, but would never get it up or down any stairs solo. More awkward than heavy really!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve,

Am down in Bath.

Sorry, no sale price i'm afraid... its still very much in active service. I'm just really looking to trade for a high quality 8x10.

To answer your question though, its a simple jack plate connection and is rated at 1600W. The jack plate could be converted to anything you like though pretty simply.

I had a feeling this one would be a long shot!!! haha

• 8 months later...

Now just up for sale as an UNLOADED shell.

£75 collected (or will deliver a resonable distance of Bath/ meet part way)

As leatherette is in, erm, less than OK condition, i'lkl also throw in pretty much enough to recover the thing. This is very much a project cab, and requires a little tlc and drivers. But its BIG fun and loud and low.

All i want is to recover some of the funds i spent on the birch in the first place.