Why become a member? ×

FS: M-Audio Axiom 25

M-Audio axiom 25 midi keyboard for sale.

Only reason for selling is for a new incoming synth keyboard that i can use instead of this.

Perfect condition.

[b]£100 posted.[/b]

Semi-weighted keys are great for feel when playing.
Transport controls for you DAW - Theres are real handy.
8 Touch sensitive pads that you can use for anything.
10 assignable rotary controls.

[url="http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/41216_1257726583656_1844371069_506415_2735314_n.jpg"][/url]

i've just been looking at these - but isnt 25 keys a bit too little to play some synth bass stuff? (that's what you've used it for, right?)

Sorry for being a bit of a noob on these, but do they only work by being connected to a computer (and I don't really have a Mac, all I have is little HP laptop..) - I mean, does it still work ok by being connected straight to the bass amp?

What the new keyboard you're getting?

easy
laimis

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' timestamp='1319381792' post='1413366']
i've just been looking at these - but isnt 25 keys a bit too little to play some synth bass stuff? (that's what you've used it for, right?)

Sorry for being a bit of a noob on these, but do they only work by being connected to a computer (and I don't really have a Mac, all I have is little HP laptop..) - I mean, does it still work ok by being connected straight to the bass amp?

What the new keyboard you're getting?

easy
laimis
[/quote]

I've managed using this but the more live stuff i do, the more i worry about relying on my laptop, thus i'm going to get a dedicated keyboard. Not fully decided what yet.

It is only a controller so yes it needs the computer or a module to work.

Interms of only having 25 keys, i only tend to be playing 1 note at a time so leaves my other hand free to shift through octaves should i need to.

Well, my drummer has a Mac, so maybe I could use his on live shows, but it's not the best option..

What do you mean by a 'dedicated keyboard'? I think I would like one of those that can go straight to bass amp, not computer.

Doddy has one of these I think:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/akai_mpk_49.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...akai_mpk_49.htm[/url]

I don't know if he's using a computer to run that though.

easy
Laimis

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' timestamp='1319384166' post='1413407']
Well, my drummer has a Mac, so maybe I could use his on live shows, but it's not the best option..

What do you mean by a 'dedicated keyboard'? I think I would like one of those that can go straight to bass amp, not computer.

Doddy has one of these I think:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/akai_mpk_49.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...akai_mpk_49.htm[/url]

I don't know if he's using a computer to run that though.

easy
Laimis
[/quote]

My most likely buy will be the Roland Gaia, sounds are built in & have hands on use.
It gets mixed reviews from forums but having been told by a professional player that uses one night after night i'll take his word over guys online.

[quote name='Faithless' timestamp='1319384793' post='1413417']
Heck, 500 quid is a lil bit too much, I thought I'd get away with a few hundred (I don't need anything major as it would be my first synth..)

Any cheapish options you may know, man?
easy
Laimis
[/quote]

Cheapest options are using controllers like this considering you've already got a laptop to work on.
I'm not sure of the cheapest options tbh mate.

TBH these days you can get a decent old laptop, a controller and some plug-ins and your away. I understand not gigging with a £1200 Mac but £2-300 laptop etc not much difference between that and a loaded keyboard. More of a hassle maybe but not massive.

Edited by RichF

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1319386305' post='1413439']
TBH these days you can get a decent old laptop, a controller and some plug-ins and your away. I understand not gigging with a £1200 Mac but £2-300 laptop etc not much difference between that and a loaded keyboard. More of a hassle maybe but not massive.
[/quote]

Only issue with cheaper laptops is if you try running it with out a dedicated soundcard you can get a lot of unwanted noise.

For me a loaded keyboard just makes sense to me, especially for hands on regular stuff.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1319386993' post='1413449']

Only issue with cheaper laptops is if you try running it with out a dedicated soundcard you can get a lot of unwanted noise.
For me a loaded keyboard just makes sense to me, especially for hands on regular stuff.
[/quote]

absolutely, wasn't meaning to suggest you were doing something mental, makes perfect sense. Really just for guys like me who want a decent enough home set up that can also be used live. If I was actually playing keyboard rather than just sequencing etc then I'd do what you are.

Edited by RichF

[quote name='Faithless' timestamp='1319388152' post='1413473']
I did some research on 'proper' bass synths (the ones that can be plugged into bass amp), and starter (cheapest) options would be Alesis Micron or Korg Microkorg - they both go around 320 pounds new, so it's pretty much the same .
[/quote]

Make sure you actually try a MicroKorg if you go down that route, i couldn't get on with the user face last time i looked at one & the tiny keys are a total no go with the size of my hands!

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1319388661' post='1413484'] absolutely, wasn't meaning to suggest you were doing something mental, makes perfect sense. Really just for guys like me who want a decent enough home set up that can also be used live. If I was actually playing keyboard rather than just sequencing etc then I'd do what you are.[/quote]

Oh no, i totally understand where your coming from, i've done it long enough.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1319388784' post='1413485']

Make sure you actually try a MicroKorg if you go down that route, i couldn't get on with the user face last time i looked at one & the tiny keys are a total no go with the size of my hands!
[/quote]

I don't know if I'd have the chance to do that, because there are no guys in area who'd be using things like that, and I'd buy that synth 'blind'...
but then, Alesis keys are the same size I think, but my fingers are long, but not too bulky, and, practice makes perfect :)

easy
Laimis

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1319408188' post='1413877']
Ok then guys, think its time for a new thread to discuss things, your clogging up my sales thread :)
[/quote]

I wouldnt worry too much, man, it keeps your advert on top anyway, man :)

easy
Laimis