Why become a member? ×

My 5 string Fender Jazz

ianrendall

Hi all,
I am the proud owner of the 5 string Jazz that Jon Noyce used on the Jethro Tull album 'Dot Com'. and several tours. I'm just wondering if this would be an interesting item for a Jethro Tull memorabilia collector. I'm not really interested in selling, just interested in feedback. I paid £850 for it in 2006 from The Gallery.

• 3 years later...

Well, it's taken me 4 years, but here they are!
These are the only pictures I have to hand as as I am not home at the moment, but I will get more soon.
[attachment=98760:72141_472361402358_518017358_6773174_1696301_n.jpg][attachment=98761:33558_1609309066817_1058935778_1698280_4534346_n.jpg]
Also, a YouTube video of said bass being used by it's far more proficient (previous) owner.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ierav-A5SO4[/media]
I am considering selling or trading this bass. If it generates sufficient interest, I shall list it in the relevant section.

Edited by ianrendall

It's a great looking bass Ian. To be honest, I doubt that you'll make any money on it; instrument prices seem rather low at the moment.

If you have no particular rush to sell, why don't you hang onto it? You may well do better in a year or two.

Thanks Jondeeman, it's a great player too!
I still have the sales receipt from The Gallery and a signed CD of 'Dot Com',which Jon Noyce signed for me and also carries Ian Anderson's signature.
I am in no particular rush to sell, but I just feel like a change. Also looking to replace my GK MB150, which I bought for £60 in a pawn shop. That was a major bargain if ever there was one!

Interesting. I was told when I bought it that my '77 P used to belong to John Glascock (Jethro Tull/Carmen). It was probably just sales patter but since they're one of my favourite bands I decided to believe it anyway. You've obviously got more to rely on.

Still, given the rate JT have changed bassists chances are we've all got at least one Tull bass :lol:

• 1 month later...