Why become a member? ×

Two Nice Jazz Bass necks for sale

Both necks are maple with rosewood fretboards and will fit any normal Fender Jazz or Precision Bass.

[attachment=91356:Squier Neck.jpg]

The first neck is from my old early nineties (93/94), Japanese, Silver Series, Squier Jazz Bass, which I bought a couple of years ago. It's a very nice neck with a satin finish. There's a bit of wear on the back of the neck from playing but other than that it's in a pretty good condition. The frets have plenty of life left in them too. It comes with the original machineheads ( the bushing on the G string machinehead is missing but It still works fine and they're easy to buy online if you want to fit one). [b]Price £100[/b]

[attachment=91355:Allparts neck.JPG]

The other neck is an Allparts Jazz Bass Neck which I bought about a year ago off Ebay. The guy I bought it from had rolled the edges of the fret board and tinted it a warm golden colour. He'd also put a Fender decal on it which is quite authentic looking but could be removed with bit of light sanding. This one comes without the machineheads. Because a tint had been applied to the neck, the fretmarkers on the side of the neck were difficult to see, so I scraped them to enable the white paint underneath to show through. So be aware they now look a bit scruffier than they did before but at least you can see them on a dark stage. This neck is pretty newish so it has no fretwear on it at all. [b]Price £100[/b]

The prices include P&P

Edit :
I always assumed The Squier neck had the usual Jazz nut width of 38mm but having just measured it, it's actually 40mm. Quite shallow though. The Allparts neck's nut width is the normal 38mm.
Both necks are straight and true and up until recently have been attached to bodies and played regularly.

Edited by gjones

[quote name='Bassistclem' timestamp='1318706663' post='1405492']
Just wondered what the width of the neck is at the nut on the squier. Also is the neck nice and straight.
[/quote]

PM replied and nut sizes updated on original post.