Why become a member? ×

Lollar Precision pickup for '51/'55 reissues - SOLD PENDING

I bought this to add to my '53 relic but have decided I am quite happy with the sound of the Seymour Duncan thats on there already (having sorted the pickup height and put new La Bella flatwound strings on). Those who know these, know they are the best '50s type single coil Precision pickups around. I paid about £70 including postage from Charlie Chandlers (see link below). Not even taken out of box. £55 posted to you.

[url="http://guitar-xperience.com/onlinestore/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=142&category_id=158&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=38&vmcchk=1&Itemid=38"]http://guitar-xperie...chk=1&Itemid=38[/url]

Edited by Clarky

Not going to be able to help, unfortunately, as I've never heard a Fralin and - re noise - its still in its box (not installed)! Web reviews tend to cite this as the best as does BC'er Ou7shined - maybe he can help here ? I will PM him and ask him to chip in

Well, the Fralin version is one of the few types I've never tried but that is only down to the fact that after I'd been through quite a few different types of these pups I found my Lollar... and it was good. :) I do hope at some point to try out the split coil LF version though just so I can make the comparison. My Lollar is thunderous (not hot just phatt - Imagine 2 standard Fender versions in series) but still retains that unmistakable old school sc P tone... what else could it do. I've never had any issues with buzz or hum with mine, although both basses I've had it in were both eventually shielded out as part of what I do with all my basses regardless of necessity.
Get out clause - these are hand made and obviously subject to individual differences mine is a couple of years old now so there may differences between mine and the newer ones. :)

In short, imho these are the king of the '51 P pups and if I had the cash right now I'd be snapping Clarky's hand right off.