Why become a member? ×

Hi

Nibody

Well what can I say.

I've just turned 40, married with two great kids under 5, and have been playing bass on and off for 20 years. I started on bass, I have a love for Jazz's and Precisions (Been drooling over the precisions thread). i took a break from playing a few years back and am just getting back into it - amazing how quick it comes back. Talking of Precisions I used to own a beautiful '70's Precision that I bought from a friend of a friend years ago. It had been refinished ina sort of blue/purple sunburst (colour of a Cadburys Dairy Milk wrapper!), polished brass pickguard, with the most playable neck I have ever held - had a maple fretboard. Hit hard times and had to sell it but despite serials and all the right bits couldnt sell it as a genuine fender due to the refinish so had to let it go for much less than it was worth - whent for less than the cost of a Squier. If anyone sees it floating around I would love to know "she" is still alive and well.

Kids and mortgage means I cant afford decent gear anymore - curently own an Epiphone Thunderbird, and a Washburn XS4 that I've had since about 1992. Just ordered myself a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz, and working on bits for a "Frankenprecision" to fill the hole left by the bass love of my life.

Grew up listening to folk, stuff like the Stones The Who, Moody Blues etc (Mum was a folk musician and a bit of a hippy! I've mostly played Rock and Blues, my influences include John Paul Jones, John Entwhistle, Duck Dunn, Steve Harris (hate his sound though, just like his style), and Peter Hook amongst others. Play fingerstyle, never got on with a plectrum - even use my fingers if I pick up a six string!

Well thats me in a nutshell. Heres my current stuff:

LOL.. no thats Daughter and Son in training. The Lads just coming up on two, one of his first words was "guitar!". Daughter is 5, her two favourite songs are "Highway to Hell" and "Number of the Beast".. just waiting for Social services to catch on...