Why become a member? ×

Amp playing up!

Highfox

The Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 I bought new a couple of months ago has started playing up and admits a crackle and whooshing sound through both outputs and headphone socket! (even when there is nothing plugged in) It could be the tube or some solder joint thats playing up. I tried the amp at several different places and the noise was always present :)
... Anyway long story short it's still under warranty and I also have the option to swap it for a different model and going to ask them to send me a Streamliner out in it's place, I had no problems with the sound I was getting from the 6 when it was working but thought I'd try out the Streamliner for a change after reading a few good reviews. (and I like new toys)

No expert but I'd check the tube first but since its under warranty I'd get it back to them. The only problem with getting something else is that you say you like the sound you were getting from it so if you do decide to change and don;t like the streamliner then they probably wouldn't let you change back.

Plus if it is just the tube then they are more likely to change it over and then send it back out to you but may let you swap for a bit of goodwill

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so just a follow up on this.
My replacement Streamliner 600 just turned up in the post today :) a quick test (with some suggested settings from TB) and I think I'm going to like the warm fat sound I'm getting from this amp. I have to wait till band practice next monday to be able to put it properly through it's paces but it's got the potential so far to have no regrets on swapping it out for the Shuttle 6.0