Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Krinks

Delberthot

The information is factual. I am not going to make judgement on this member, merely state the facts so that others do not make the mistake of dealing with this member without knowing firstly what i have had to endure so far.

Last week I agreed to a trade with Krinks. We both agreed on Friday as a collection date meaning that we'd both get each other's basses on the same day.

I arranged the collection on Thursday and informed Krinks that I would forward the tracking number as soon as I got it. The next day I PMd him the tracking number.

On Saturday I PMd him again as I had heard nothing.

On Sunday I PMd him again. Later on I got a message saying that he was at his girlfriend's house and would send me the tracking number the next day when he was back home.

On Monday I heard nothing.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I PMd him to inform them that the bass had been delivered at their end, where's my bass and threatened police action if I did not receive any information.

Last night I get a PM back with a tracking number on it and who the courier was. He also told me that the courier doesn't collect on Friday evening or Saturday so it had only been collected yesterday (Tuesday) I enter the supplied tracking number and it comes up as unrecognised.

I then PM him back to inform them of this and to see if there are any other numbers as sometimes you get a customer reference and I may have been supplied this but he did not respond. I also asked what happened to Friday during the day and Monday as they were both potential collection days and it was agreed that Friday would be the collection day.

I know that he was online after I sent him the message and I know that he has been online after I have sent previous messages with no response.

Nothing received on Wednesday.

Today (thursday) I have sent him a private message on Facebook and posted on another forum that he uses. The courier get back to me to tell me that the tracking number is not recognised in any way, shape or form.

I now have his mobile number, address, place of work, Facebook page and a few other details but no bass. I am now in a position to threaten his livelihood, inform all of his friends on Facebook and many other things if nothing happens soon.

I would like to add that i would appreciate if this could be kept just for feedback and not for any other comments. if you have anything to say about this then please use the thread in off topic. thanks

Edited by Delberthot

As a final bit of feedback here, I now have the bass.

The box used was sturdy enough to contain the bass but it had been packed very badly - the bass was sitting loose in the box with bits of packaging sitting on top but nothing that would protect it in the event of a knock. Because the bass wasn't packed correctly, the box resembled a banana and its only a miracle that the bass itself was not damaged.

The bridge cover was held on by 2 screws with badly rounded heads, the tone knob was rolling around inside the box, the pickup was srewed right into the body as far as it would go and the strap end of the Schaller strap locks were missing

Edited by Delberthot

• 3 weeks later...

Krinks approached me to act as middleman between him and a Basschater here in Aberdeen who was not up for posting a bass he had for sale to mainland Europe. I agreed and acted on his behalf to settle a price exclusive of P&P, which I would calculate and add on later. It was tough going as Krinks wouldn't answer PMs for days on end but would then suddenly appear again overflowing with enthusiasm. In the end I was able to agree a price with the seller (himself a tough guy to deal with) and we agreed for me to pick up the bass at the sellers address. I informed Krinks of the plans and the purchase price (less than he'd budget for) adding the cost for me to ship to his address in Germany... unfortunately that was the last contact I ever heard with him. By this time I'd had enough and I didn't pursue it any further and a few days later the bass sold anyway.
It would seem that I had put myself out for nothing... as all the time he had been negotiating the above deal along with enquiries on other basses I since found out about.