Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline JO5

DMX

I'm putting my JO5 back up for sale now I have a bit more time to organise things. Delivery is now no problem, plus a small price drop.

I bought the bass new about 5 years ago, and the serial number suggests a 2005 build so it's an original Korean spec with the Fralin pickups. I've also upgraded it with a push-pull tone knob for series/parallel switching and a black 3-ply pickguard made by SIMS (original mint white PG will be included in the sale).

I would describe the condition as well-played but well looked after. For much of the time I've owned it it's been my only bass, so it's been played pretty much every day and has therefore picked up a bit of wear - no major knocks, but some light surface scratches/hazing and a few tiny dents on the back and bottom. The control plate also has a few scratches. I've tried to show the general condition in the photos attached, and I think have done a decent job.

The frets also show it's been played but are not worn to any great extent. The only other thing worthy of note is a slight rough patch on the back of the neck where the finished doesn't seem to have smoothed out through playing as much as the rest of the neck. I don't notice it when I'm playing but thought it should be mentioned.

I will also include an SKB hardcase in the sale, and am looking for £600 collected from Oxford or £620 delivered.

Bass weighs around 4.5kg for those interested.

Any questions then feel free to ask,

David

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...