Why become a member? ×

One for the MXR M82 owners...

Walker

I'm playing around with my new M82 with passive J's strung with flats. Even with the sensitivity maxxed, I'm have to dig in finger bleedingly hard to get this thing quacking!

Am I missing something here? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks very much, Chris

Edited by Walker

Thank you both. The treble certainly helps and I've played around with the sensitivy and Q controls too. Still have to play very hard indeed to get it to kick in.

As I play fingerstyle rather than slap and pop, would that make a difference? Is it the flatwounds?

Is it more about speed of attack rather than playing hard?

I watched Ed Friedland's YouTube vid for Bass Guitar mag, demoing the M82 and he had to turn the sensitivety down! Watching his right hand, he wasn't being overly aggressive. [url="http://youtu.be/opKs5ZGqVpg"]http://youtu.be/opKs5ZGqVpg[/url]

I'm practically twanging my strings like a Strongbow advert here! Very hard to get a quack on E and A strings - is that just the case with envelope filters?

Thanks again.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='1371543' date='Sep 13 2011, 10:32 AM']perhaps some sort of preamp/ boost before it?
I have to have my sens quite low too[/quote]

I'll put my Keeley Blues Driver in front of it tonight and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.