Why become a member? ×

Bach Rickenfaker - £ 100

thunderbird13

I'm getting rid of some gear so first up we have this bass which I bought this on a whim 2 years ago cos I wanted a ricky copy but I dont need it now. Its basically a sound intrument but please read all the description:

[b]The Good[/b]

I think it looks good and the wood grain really comes through the paint

I have had it professionally set up by Chris McIntyre, including inserting a shim in the neck, it does play really well and feels comfortable

[b]The Bad [/b]

It is cheaply made and for some reason the pickup poles were not placed directly over the strings, the effect of this is that it is a bit muffled in a band situation, in addition to this the pickup selector can only really be left in one postion to get a decent sound of it.

Its made of pine which does make it a bit heavy, although I've lugged it all over London .According to my kitchen scales it weighs in at 9 1/2 Kg

If you shake the neck there is a rattle, which indicates to me that the truss rod is a loose although TBH the neck is straight and I dont want to mess about with it .

So there you have it , I paid about £200 for it but TBH I dont think its worth that which is why I'm looking for £ 100 for it. I think this would suit someone who wanted a project bass.

Can be picked up in SE London or I can sort out a courier but I'll have to get a price for that

Any questions please

[attachment=88877:riki_3.JPG]
[attachment=88878:rikri1.JPG]
[attachment=88874:riki_1.JPG]

Edited by thunderbird13

• 4 months later...

[quote name='FunkmanD' timestamp='1326664874' post='1500287']
possibly interested, whats the current price? Would you post?
[/quote]

The price is still £ 100 , I dont think the rules allow me to turn it into an auction :)
I can post it or I could meet in London ( perhaos Liverpool st)
pm me if your interested