Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 '92 Japanese

rogerds

no interest at a silly price so... now on greedybay.....

[attachment=88855:sdgr_01.jpg]
[attachment=88856:sdgr_innards.jpg]
[attachment=88857:sdgr_serial_jap_tuner.jpg][attachment=88858:sdgr_headstock.jpg][attachment=88860:sdgr_body_nsr_500_.jpg][attachment=88861:sdgr_neck_nsr_600.jpg]

Edited by rogerds

[quote name='geilerbass' post='1364394' date='Sep 6 2011, 06:34 PM']Looks like an original one of these: [url="http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/basses/sr/gal-sr500.htm"]SR 500[/url]

Nice looking instrument at a very reasonable price![/quote]

hmmm...... not sure... don't you think the neck pocket is more up market on the 500 ???

[quote name='Paul S' post='1364412' date='Sep 6 2011, 06:51 PM']Can I ask you (not in the market to buy, sorry) which you prefer of the SGC Nanyo and this, and why? Is this as lightweight, for example, with a similarly skinny neck?[/quote]

interesting comparison!

i can't get the spacing to work like a table - first figure is the SDGR; second is the BC (should be in columns !)

SDGR BASS COLLECTION
WEIGHT 3170 3250
Body Width (widest part) 320 310
Body Width (neck of body) 21 19
Bridge to PU 40 / 95 45 / 90
Neck width (24 th fret) 60 60
Neck width (1st fret) 38 40
Thickness of neck (1st fret) 20 22
Distance between strap buttons 52 48
From bridge strap button to bottom horn 38 35

so.... very similar! SDGR body slightly bigger - but a touch lighter (my other BCs weighed a touch more at approx 3340)

PU placement different - especially as P-pickups 'reversed' on the SDGR...

playability pretty similar too - neck 'feels' just slightly thicker on the BC
(only when compared to the SDGR - feels slim and narrow against other basses)

preference? - i've always liked the BC's so it probably just edges it against this one (but tthe SDGR 1000 i've got is better still !!)

hope this helps
roger

[attachment=88916:sdgr_bc_01.jpg][attachment=88917:sdgr_bc_02.jpg]

Ibanez would tell you that the SR neck is 19mm deep at the 1st and 21mm deep at the 12th. But, as others have already identified, what you've got there is an SR500BS (as in brown sunburst), and the serial does indeed tell you that it was built by FujiGen in '92. You can be certain about the model, not just from looking up catalogues, but because the factory stamp the model number in the body neck pocket. A very nice, original, MIJ SR.

[quote name='rogerds' post='1365890' date='Sep 7 2011, 10:52 PM']hmmm...... not sure... don't you think the neck pocket is more up market on the 500 ???[/quote]

If you scroll down to the bottom of the link I posted, the '93 models look identical to yours, though in a different finish. It lists one of the colour options as sunburst, so I'd be fairly certain it's a '92/'93 SR500.

Sorry about this - take it as a bump - but can I ask you what is the difference between your SDGR 1000 and this one, please? What makes it better than the Bass Collection? I am trying to find out as much about all these different lightweight bass options as I can without necessarily buying them all! :)

[quote name='geilerbass' post='1366050' date='Sep 8 2011, 08:43 AM']If you scroll down to the bottom of the link I posted, the '93 models look identical to yours, though in a different finish. It lists one of the colour options as sunburst, so I'd be fairly certain it's a '92/'93 SR500.[/quote]

many thanks to you and to noelk27 for the info..

doh!... you're absolutely right of course... long gig... it was late... didn't think to scroll down.....
thanks so much for that
hmmm... don't know why but i like it more now!

• 3 weeks later...