Why become a member? ×

Two 4 ohm cabs.

MarshallBTB

More response than I was expecting, thanks for all the advice.
At the moment I'm using a Pod X3 Live for my preamp & effects, into a Samson power amp then two 4 ohm cabs. Its plenty loud enough and I like the sound, but we're starting to do more stripped down acoustic-ish gigs, and I'm only using one 2x10 and just my clean bass sound.
Ideally I want something small so I don't use up any floor space (which is usually limted) with the Pod, plus the power amp is just under 20kg itself. It would be easier to just have a small head on top of the cab.
Although, just seen the lightweight peavey power amps, and am tempted to go for one of those, and maybe get another Behringer BDI21 to sit ontop/in the case for small gigs. The peaveys £230 new as well?!
Anyone had any experience with these?

[quote name='razze06' post='1363807' date='Sep 6 2011, 09:58 AM']Peavey Mark III (or IV) 400.

Not only will it run 2 ohm loads, but it will crack windows 300 yards away at half volume, and cook your breakfast on the heat sink.
All this for less than £100 :)[/quote]

Shame they sound like tramp vomit when pushed hard though :)