Why become a member? ×

Hello

AndyR

Been browsing for a while.

Im Andy live in North wales and have been playing the Bass since I was 14 so 31 years.

Played in various bands over the years - primarily Classic Rock - but the passing of time has opened my ears to all genres and I am happy just playing the bass!

I have had various basses over the years Precision/Jazz/My beloved Kramer Forum IV and have recently purchase an Ibanez SR600 which I really like. Currently using a fender Amp and various Boss pedals that I purchased in the eighties that are in great nick.

To anyone starting out my advice would be practise, practise and more practise and find somebody to jam with! I would spend hours and hours when I was younger practising along with CDs making up Bass Lines to existing songs and thats how I found my way around.

I am currently teaching my 11 year old son to play which is great fun. I have been recording chords and drums on a yamaha keyboard and getting him to come up with bass lines. The look of realisation on his face when the penny dropped about the function of the bass within a musical arrangement was brill and brought a tear to my eyes.

Anyway just remember God did not rest on the 7th day he made a Bass Guitar!

Keep practising

[quote name='AndyR' post='1360708' date='Sep 3 2011, 09:34 AM']I am currently teaching my 11 year old son to play which is great fun. I have been recording chords and drums on a yamaha keyboard and getting him to come up with bass lines. The look of realisation on his face when the penny dropped about the function of the bass within a musical arrangement was brill and brought a tear to my eyes.[/quote]

Nice! Welcome aboard.

• 2 weeks later...