Why become a member? ×

2 basses for sale: USA Precision Standard 4, USA Jazz Deluxe 5

DylanB

I can't believe I'm doing this, but it's part of a carefully considered and precise plan to end painful GAS forever.

Bass 1: 2002 Fender USA Precision 4

This bass is gorgeous and brilliant. You know what this is. It has no dings or scratches to speak of (obviously there's some minor surface scratches but you can't see these unless you hold it up to a light and look really close). It sounds just like a Precision should, great sound at all positions of the tone knob. The pickguard is a replacement, I'm keeping the original white one for sentimental reasons (it got signed by Vic Wooten at a Flecktones show - don't worry, there's no sharpie on the bass itself!). £600 shipped

Bass 2: 1996 Fender USA Deluxe Jazz 5 SOLD!!!!

This bass sounds soooo fat. It's one of the older Deluxe basses with the different preamp (sounds a bit better to my ears). I've done a little bit of recording with it and it sounded massive on the track. It's in very good condition, there's no real marks to the front of it and a little bit of buckle rash/scratching on the back. This comes with the black pickguard pictured and the original white pearloid. There are two screws on the body where the previous owner mounted a MIDI pickup once apon a time. I think it says it all that when I go to practice tomorrow and tell my band that I'm selling this, they will probably kill me. £710 shipped

Both basses will come in hard cases. Paypal or cheque are fine. Like I say, I'm only selling these to fund gas, I'm afraid that this post will constitute the worst mistake of my life. They were both going to constitute essential parts of my arsenal but money problems and GAS mean they're on the block. The ONLY trade I will consider is one of the new Fender Precision 5s or a similar value Precision 5, unless you have anything truly rad. Just ask, the worst I can say is no! PM me, email me at [email protected] or call me on 07840504461.

Edited by DylanB