Why become a member? ×

new tapping video

biro

hey, this is my latest tapping video. I'm in some kind of recording spree this week, so I'm constantly producing stuff - and I am not so sure whether it's a good thing or not, to be honest. therefore, I hereby submit to your attention the attached video. :)

Edited by biro

[quote name='biro' post='1359282' date='Sep 1 2011, 09:06 PM']hey, this is my latest tapping video. I'm in some kind of recording spree this week, so I'm constantly producing stuff - and I am not so sure whether it's a good thing or not, to be honest. therefore, I hereby submit to your attention the attached video. :)

[/quote]
Really loving this man!

thanks a lot fellas, it's good to have some feedback. I'm still considering selling this bass, but everytime I listen to some recording I've made with it I start fearing that I would deeply regret doing so. and TL-6's are hard to find nowadays. mh.

fun fact (oh, boy: here we go again) about the sound:

in order to get the "overdub" effect, I've decided to develop a guitar rig patch that basically works like this: the signal is split in two channel, one panned full R and the other full L. the I add an extremely short delay (about 15ms) with as little feedback as possible and set it to be completely wet. this way, however, one track is always 15ms ahead of the other, and it still sounds very different from an actual overdubbed recording.

to achieve this effect, I use the guitar rig modifier, basically an LFO you can assign to whatever guitar rig parameter. I set it to control the "time" parameter on the delay with a slow sine wave and with very little depth. this way, the time parameter constantly varies between around 10ms and 20 ms, allowing you record just one track. it really works for most purposes.

here is a screenshot of my guitar rig settings:

[url="http://postimage.org/image/2gw7ekaqs/"][/url]