Why become a member? ×

MTD535 Korina

leloupa

Hello,
i'm selling my beloved MTD535, it has a full solid korina body with a wenge neck, board and headstock.
Plane and simple with a huge sound and tight low B. This tonemonster cuts through a wall of sound like a knife through butter.

-> 19mm string spacing weighing 4.5kg with original paperwork and brown hard case with fluffy green interior.

Price = 1900€ shipment included, located in Belgium

Here is the link to the site of the low-end, where it came from some years ago :
www.thelowend.net/gallery/vieuwtopic.php?t=1537

I'll try to post some more pictures later on the week

Edited by leloupa

the link doesn't work because there's a "u" in the address www.thelowend.net/gallery/vie[u][b]u[/b][/u]wtopic.php?t=1537
Here's the link:
[url="http://www.thelowend.net/gallery/viewtopic.php?t=1537"]http://www.thelowend.net/gallery/viewtopic.php?t=1537[/url]

Edited by larrytron

I'll be leaving this thursday for a short holiday and i'll be back september the 29th.
I can understand that there isnt much intrest because MTD's stereo-treble image. The only thing i'd like to say about that idea is that it just shows what the bass is capable to sound like.
With a flat eq, its sounds very active, but normal. When you boost the mids it kick's the sh.t out of you, when you boost the bass too much it blows your speakers..
This is the most versatile bass i have ever owned with a low B string that you hear and you can feel in any live occasion.
I know she isnt world's most beautifull bass, but when you played it you will say yourselves that there is nothing out there (i owned more than 70 basses throughout the years) that sounds as good as this MTD.
Still priced for 1900€.
I bought new 2800€ Marleaux custom basses that where lovely and quite good but sounded poor compared to this.
What is the worth of a used MTD535 ? around 2200€. What is this particiular bass worth ? This bass is priceless and an active bassplayer would never sell this. Because i quited playing in a band situation i like to give someone the opportuniy to buy it.
Grab your chance i'd say. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes I'm happy, I'm playing now this beauty, it sounds great!! this bass is a monster :)
Thanks a lot Dave.

Ps : My wife ( she is not bass player) said also : wwwwwaaaaaaaaouwwwww what a crazy sound, what a beauty!!!
So now I can say , MTD and what else, I think now I can sell my other basses.

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1317476384' post='1391110']
you! lucky man!
[/quote]

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1317476384' post='1391110']
you! lucky man!
[/quote]
Sorry my dear Taa, I know that you have a big interess for this bass, I hope you will find an another one soon, but you must your warrior before!