Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shine 6 string bass £135 delivered to mainland UK - SOLD

Delberthot

I've not long had this as it was meant to be used for the project I was working on involving using all kinds of MIDI gubbins and synths but its not happening so I don't need it any more.

Its a 6 string, active 2 band EQ, bolt-on neck and gold hardware. The output jack wasn't 100% so I've replaced it with a Neutrik one and its all tickety boo.

Considering I play a Thunderbird with a neck like a pencil, the string spacing and neck dimensions on this are pretty good. Its quite narrow but still very playable. probably more along the lines of an Ibanez SR1016 I used to have as opposed to the ironing board Yamaha TRB6 I used to have.

There's a wee bit of neck dive but I've yet to play a 6er that doesn't have it a bit of it but a good neoprene or suede strap takes care of the worst of it.

It will come in a decent gig bag and £135 gets it delivered to your door for mainland UK. It will probably be a bit more for Ireland, Europe etc.

Photbucket is being a pain - despite making sure that they were the right way up before uploading them, they appeared the wrong way up on Photobucket so I rotated them again only to find out that when I link to them they're still all over the place.

Edited by Delberthot

I set one up for them just like that, they sold it on-line a few months back.
It's a nice bass, the set up out of the box wasn't great but it's well made , the neck has two truss rods and set up easily.
This is a bargain! I was vaguely interested in the one I saw but didn't need a bass with so many strings or knobs.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='1358481' date='Sep 1 2011, 09:48 AM']I set one up for them just like that, they sold it on-line a few months back.
It's a nice bass, the set up out of the box wasn't great but it's well made , the neck has two truss rods and set up easily.
This is a bargain! I was vaguely interested in the one I saw but didn't need a bass with so many strings or knobs.[/quote]

As far as active 6 string basses goes, this is remarkably simple to operate.

I used to fiddle with my Ibanez 6 string all during a gig but this is simple. You've just got master volume, pickup pan and active bass & treble controls.

Just like 8 strings, everyone should own at least one 6 string, even if its just to say "nah, that's not for me". I've had 4

• 2 months later...