Why become a member? ×

Warwick Jack Bruce Thumb signature fretted

bleusman76

Whether or not this guy has set a sensible price, there does seem a rush to condemn. Let's see his pics and a few more details and then we can all judge whether it's the right price. If it is, it will sell. A lot of us joined BassChat the first instance to sell something (or buy), me included, and I would probably have run a mile with this reception (damn, I hear you all mutter!)

As wateroftyne says, "just sayin"

[quote name='joe_bass' post='1357035' date='Aug 30 2011, 11:42 PM']I was only commenting on Warwick's new price. If it's £5k new then £2650 used seems reasonable.[/quote]
My comments were not aimed at you! I just think we should let the guy lay his cards on the table before passing judgement (after all this iis already on the second page of posts and we are yet to see a picture of the bass!)

There are also two Jack Bruce Thumbs. The title implies this is one of them, but it could feasibly be the other instead!

Sig models at Warwick are silly money. A proper Rob Trujillo sig will set you back about 8000euros, and the less said about the Hellborg stuff the better!

This is certainly a rare beast. With a bass this rare, the seller could essentially name his price, within reason considering the condition and list price. However, finding a buyer for such an instrument, you may be lucky to find a single person for it in a 12 month period, who could within reason hack you down to whatever price they wanted...

Tricky business this, but I wish the seller the best of luck, and as much as I'm no cream fan, I'd love to see some photos!

[quote name='Clarky' post='1357030' date='Aug 30 2011, 11:39 PM']Whether or not this guy has set a sensible price, there does seem a rush to condemn. Let's see his pics and a few more details and then we can all judge whether it's the right price. If it is, it will sell. A lot of us joined BassChat the first instance to sell something (or buy), me included, and I would probably have run a mile with this reception (damn, I hear you all mutter!)

As wateroftyne says, "just sayin"[/quote]

Thanks for a bit of support,
I heard some even in my sleep last night !!

[quote name='fender73' post='1356528' date='Aug 30 2011, 04:52 PM']using bassplayer maths, no pics + no price + joined yesterday = proceed with caution. In all seriousness, might be an idea to add an introduction in the Introductions forum, then check up on the forum rules and get a feel for how we do things here. Good luck with your sale, looking forward to the pics.[/quote]

Hey - i was supporting too! :-)