Why become a member? ×

2 more basses for you guys to value for me

woolleydick

Not sure on the TRB but the EB may be able to achieve anything from £700 to £850. However for whatever reason second hand buyers are a bit anal about stuff being all original, you'll get a lot of interest in the neck on it's own, but OG EB ray bodies can be difficult to shift for a good price as it's hard to get second hand necks. Although there are a few people like ou7shined that pickup MM replacement stuff all the time asking as te price is right.

TRBs are hard to shift it seems, at least you'll struggle to get for them what you'd probably like, and what people may have paid in the past. It's a 4 string though, which believe it or not seems rare for many TRBs so if you find the right guy you'll get a good price.

Not wanting to be offensive, but does anyone here with more idea than me know if the SUB 5er you listed the other day is a reasonable figure? Someone was saying the other day they picked up a 4er for as little as £250?

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1356049' date='Aug 30 2011, 10:59 AM']Not sure on the TRB but the EB may be able to achieve anything from £700 to £850. However for whatever reason second hand buyers are a bit anal about stuff being all original, you'll get a lot of interest in the neck on it's own, but OG EB ray bodies can be difficult to shift for a good price as it's hard to get second hand necks. Although there are a few people like ou7shined that pickup MM replacement stuff all the time asking as te price is right.[/quote]
Yep I agree. It could be a hard one to sell but if the right buyer came along then you'd get 800-850 for it. I think you'd probably be better off opening up your sale to a wider pubic than just BC on this one though as PB said enthusiasts are less likely to go for a modded Stingray when there are plenty original ones to choose from.
If you found a 'ray neck for it then you'd have no problem shifting both it and the Status neck.

Regarding the SUB5, 400-450 would be a reasonable price... and as anyone who knows their Musicmans knows the SUB 5 is more of a 'ray 5 than the 'ray 5 is - lots of bang for your buck there. :)