Why become a member? ×

Soundblox pro pedals

ThomBassmonkey

I'm considering getting some fx to have more sounds than clean and distortion when needed, I've been looking about a bit today and both of their pro pedals seem great. I wasn't actually looking at distortions, but looked at the video after enjoying the filter one and it does way more than just distortions.

Anyone used either of them (particularly the filter)? I'd be interested to know how it sounds when it's used more subtly, the promo videos use very in your face perameters.

It sounds amazing, so versatile! Seems like a potential, I've seen it for £188 which seems a good deal for the amount of stuff it can do.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

They were discussed in this thread here late last year:-

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102528&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102528&st=0[/url]

The guy from Source audio commented as well, I hope it's of some use. I was looking at the flanger for a while but moved on to the Line 6 M5 instead. Seems like there's a few owners of SA products on here so someone should be able to help.

i ordered mine from Thomann.de a couple of weeks ago. it promises to be awesome.

however, i followed up my order yesterday, and they're not back in stock until 22nd October :) , so don't hold your breath..

still, more time to save up for it i guess.

not sure of any other suppliers over here, but apparently Warwick distribute their stuff aswell ? :)

i do also own the original version (not the pro). it is the best filter i've tried and very versatile.

but .. it's not working at the moment. i'm sending it to Max @ sfx this week in the hope that it's just an issue with the output socket.

if it's more than that, it'll have to go back to the good 'ole US of A., as it's all-digital.

don't let this put you off though, as i have a feeling it was my fault when i removed it from my board whilst the jack was still connected - it was heavily velcro'd !

Max says he'll only charge me return postage if he can't do anything with it, Top Man !!

Source Audio are a very helpful bunch too. contact Will Cady ('itswac' on here) if you have any questions.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1353503' date='Aug 27 2011, 12:16 PM']Thanks!

What's it like for the more subtle stuff? I'm not really a funk player, I like the sounds but with the settings whacked up, I can't tell what it'd be like for more phaser type sounds. Think some of the tones used by JC from Tool in slower sections, is it capable of that type of thing?[/quote]
i can't really comment on the Tool sounds, but it does have two phaser settings, and the depth of them can be tweaked aswell as the frequency range, so i'm sure it would do what you're after .

any link to a specific youtube clip as an example ?

i also took it to Shep to try out, and it was these settings that impressed him the most, so i guess that's a good endorsement !

if i get it back fixed in the next couple of weeks, i'd be happy to send it your way to try out, as at the moment i'm getting into the octavius squeezer filter section (time consuming due to the user-interface, but good fun)

Basically something like the intro to forty six & two for the subtler side.[URK, spazzing out moment, that's chorus, can't find anything offhand, it,s mostly guitar doing the phased parts in the songs I'm looking at, I'll keep my ears open next time I listen to their albums]

Just within the one band I do everything from slap to two hand tapping though so the more versatile the pedal, the better. I'm not a fan of bass reverb/delay and I have distortion on my head, so don't need either of those, this pedal seems to cover pretty much everything else though.

If you'd be happy to lend it me, I'd really appreciate that. It'd be good to have a chance to experiment with it properly. :

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

i'm pretty sure that you could approximate that sound with the bef., although to my ears it sounds blended with a more clean/slight overdrive sound.

i usually use an LS-2 for that type of thing, but i think the pro version has a blend, so that wouldn't matter !!

but do drop a PM to itswac with the same link, he'll tell you for sure, although you may have to wait a day or two for a reply.

I love source audio soundblox gear. i use a hot hand with my soundblox flanger and it rocks. I prefer to beef out the signal with some clean blended in, but the sounds offered are excellent, varied (11 presets), variable (further parameters) and very audibly varied by the hot hand. On the back of this experience I have just picked up the non-pro multiwave distortion and have ordered a BEF pro. I have no intention really of entering the whole world of dubstep etc., but am aware that I will then have a pretty awesome digital armoury capable of w-w-w-wobble.

Edited by RichF